The best offer for you is the offer that best satisfies your needs. So, first, you should think about the purpose for which you want to use the internet connection, including the following details:
- How much time do you spend online?
- Why do you want to use the internet: for e-mails only or for large file transfer, as well?
- Do you want to watch movies or to play online games?
- Do you need to use your internet wherever you go (for telephone/laptop)?
- Do you intend to connect several computers/devices to the internet?
- How many providers offer services in the area you live in?
- How much do you want to pay for these services?
Based on your answers to these questions, you could choose among the fixed or the mobile internet, or both, and among several providers.
Moreover, before choosing the offer or the provider of internet services that best suits your needs, you should find more about the following:
- service availability in your area, for fixed internet;
- coverage, for mobile connections; N.B. Check the coverage maps on the providers’ website but mind the fact that such maps show outdoor coverage with indicative values, not guaranteed ones. You should also check the average countrywide speed of the internet service or the average speed per locality, on netograf.ro, in the Statistics section. You can choose a prepaid card first, to test the service parameters in a certain area.
- technical characteristics (e.g. is there a minimum guaranteed speed?);
- service installation/activation term;
- how one can complain about faults and what is the repair term;
- the damage payments you can claim if your provider fails to comply with certain contract clauses;
- the minimum term for which you agree to keep the contract;
- the fees you may pay if you terminate the contract earlier than the provided term;
- charges: connection/installation fee, flat monthly rate and whether this rate is bound to the purchase of a service bundle, the tariff for using/leasing additional equipment (if applicable), roaming tariffs (if applicable);
- if you need mobile internet, where several tariff plans with included traffic are available, you should check the destination of the included resources (domestic, roaming, or restricted to certain websites or applications), the time interval/hours during which they are available (if applicable) and if additional traffic involves additional charges or the speed drops after the included resources have been consumed;
- minimum traffic charging unit (e.g. 1 KB, 10 KB, 1 MB or bundled);
- if and under what conditions your provider can block or levy surcharges for the access to certain applications (VoIP, file-sharing, etc.);
- the possibility to connect several computers on one connection;
- conditions for suspending/resuming suspended services, and the applicable tariffs.
www.veritel.ro can help you find the offer that best suits your communications needs. Detailed internet offers are also available on the providers’ websites and in their shops.
Useful information is also available on www.netograf.ro, in the Statistics section. This is where you can find the average values of the technical quality parameters offered by a provider. The values displayed are calculated based on the users’ tests and on the offers introduced by the providers.