The telecom market is very dynamic, competition triggering the continuous launch of new attractive offers for the users. These offers are often complex, not only because they include technical terms, but also because several services, bonuses, options and equipment are offered in the same package.
That is why ANCOM took measures to raise the offer transparency level. Thus, ANCOM:
* imposed on the providers the obligation to offer you accessible, detailed, accurate, intelligible and relevant information. More details here.
* made available to the public the application Veritel.ro, an interactive platform which, based on the options submitted by the users, makes a comparison between the tariff plans existing on the market, ranking the most advantageous offers from price standpoint.
The decision to choose a certain provider or offer must be an informed one. You have several means available to find out information about services and offers before concluding a contract.
The first way to get informed is to access the operators’ websites, where you can find all the details regarding the public offer for the internet access services, as well as the equipment offer. ANCOM granted a special attention to the information that must be found on the providers’ websites and to how this must be presented, to be easily read and understood.
Thus, on the providers’ websites you can find the following information:
|The tariff plans existing in the commercial offer||These will be published under the same website section or under the sections corresponding to the various provided services.
Note! The tariff plans withdrawn from the public offer, but still in use by the subscribers, will be available in an archive, with the clear specification of their validity period.
|Relevant information on the offer||– amount of the monthly subscription
– data traffic included in the subscription
– all tariffs and how these are charged
– extra-options, bonuses, discounts offered
– price and characteristics of the equipment, if applicable
– download and upload speed, as well as value of the guaranteed minimum speed, if such speed is offered
– existence of certain thresholds beyond which the use of the contracted resources is limited or conditioned, as well as consequences of exceeding such thresholds (such as the payment of an additional fee or speed limitations)
– existence of certain blockings or limitations of the internet traffic and of the services and applications which can be contracted, if such blockings exist and are allowed by the law (e.g. restrictions in the use of some apps such as Skype or WhatsApp)
– contract duration or proposed alternatives of minimum contract duration
– applicable penalties in case of early contract termination
The information must be presented in a concise manner, in the same place, at the accessing of each tariff plan.
|Conditions of service provision||– activation, suspension and reconnection of services
– conditions for amending the contract
– contact data of the customer relations service and of the service which offers technical support
– other additional services offered
|Framework-contract||All the documents forming the framework-contract are published in a visible spot. Previous editions of the framework-contract are available on the provider’s website, in an archive.|
|Procedures for traffic measurement and management and service usage policy||These are available under dedicated sections. Here you will also find a detailed description of the impact of these procedures on the service quality.
In the case of provision of several electronic communications services on the same physical link, the possible effects on the quality of using the internet service will also be indicated.
|Service provision area||You find in an easily accessible spot a section dedicated to the service provision area, which details at least the outdoor geographic coverage, by categories of service and technologies used, specifying the covered localities.
Note! For mobile internet, keep in mind that the maps show the outdoor coverage and that the values are indicative not guaranteed. Check also the average values of the technical parameters registered by the respective provider (for example, the national average value of the internet service speed or the average value of this speed in locality), on the www.netograf.ro website under the Statistics section. You can opt from the beginning for a prepaid card to verify the service coverage and quality.
|Procedure for handling the end-users’ complaints||It is available on the providers’ websites and includes at least:
– means by which you can lodge a complaint
– maximum terms for settling the various types of complaints
–applicable compensations for non-observance of the complaint answering timeframe
– means of challenging the communicated solution
ANCOM will conduct campaigns for verifying the way in which the providers observe these information rules, but if you notice that some relevant information on the commercial offer is missing from a provider’s website, you should notify us on this.
If a provider does not have its own website, you can ask for complete information on the current commercial offer or withdrawn tariff plans, and the provider has the obligation to offer you this information in writing or on another durable support (e.g. by e-mail).
The information obligation also refers to the information which the provider’s representatives offer you at the time of concluding the contract in the provider’s premises or over the phone. Thus, if you ask for specific information on the provider’s commercial offer, you must receive it verbally or, if you wish, in a printed or electronic form.
You do not have to sign the contract on the spot. You can ask a copy of the framework-contract so you can carefully read it at home. If you want, you can ask to receive the contract/service usage conditions by e-mail.
Make an informed choice in terms of both the provider and the offer! You can have an active role in the information process! Ask from your provider all the information that you need! Use periodically VERITEL, the offer comparison tool!
Consult also the information available on www.netograf.ro, under the Statistics section. Here you will be able to find the average values of the technical quality parameters offered by a certain provider. The displayed values are calculated based on the tests made by the users and offers submitted by the providers.